Content writing is a major part in the functioning of Webimax as an SEO firm. Content writers are the ones who write the blogs, articles and press releases for the clients. There are times that you may need to write about something that doesn’t necessarily spark your interest. This is where you have to have a good imagination. With content writing, you have to look outside the box so you don’t constantly generalize your topics. Picking an aspect of the company and going into more detail with it will allow you to expand your writing the way you need to.
For example – if you’re writing about dresses for girls and women you could pick out something like, what new colors are in for the season, what types of dresses to wear for different occasions or even accessories that would go well with a particular style of dress. Content writing is about digging deeper and deeper to find the most accurate way to describe a certain client and their product(s).
Even if you are a writing connoisseur, there will always be those times that you get a cramp in your writers flow. When that happens, just keep stressing to yourself what it is you’re discussing and keep digging for your information. Content writing is no small feat as it holds together many companies.
While there is no true road map that we can pull from the glove compartment and unfold to help us navigate the search engines, it has been proven that these common pitfalls will be detrimental to your organic search engine marketing efforts. As always, hire an expert to handle these services for optimal performance and continued results.
1) Starting Too Late
SEM should be well thought out as early as when you first register your domain name or plan your new web design or re-design. The concept of customizing your web pages content toward targeted keywords and key phrases has become more apparent and rewarded with top position results given by major search engines. These results are in no way an accident nor are they necessarily just a trick used to fool your way to the top. They more importantly benefit the visitors of your web site.
Advice: Give thought to your prospective customers and the keywords you want to focus on early in the marketing development stage.
2) Spy vs. Spy
In the wild, wild west days of SEO there were plenty of agencies offering top results, and getting it, by font matching (hidden keywords stuffed on a page that match the color of the background of a page), soliciting links from link farms as well as generating duplicate content (multiple pages with the same content). These practices are labeled “black hat” (as opposed to wearing a white hat and being the good guy) and quickly may cause penalization toward your site and in some cases lead to being banned.
Advice: Let a professional SEO company do what they do. Industry professionals have seen what works and will be able to adapt a campaign to meet your companies’ needs.
3) Less Is More
OK, you’ve got your site up and running. You’ve seen some traffic coming in. Now is the time that you decided to do some research on how to optimize your web site. That’s fantastic! Problem is, you took every single suggestion you found on the web and applied it toward your pages. Over optimizing a web page or web site can and will be detrimental to your SE results.
Advice: When in doubt, natural is best. A properly optimized site will feel natural to read and navigate. Don’t force keywords in where they shouldn’t be.
4) Too Much Coffee
5) What’s In Your Head?
There are tags used for specific reasons when it comes to search engine placement. Regarding the most important element on the page, the content, there are header tags and paragraph tags. A page without header or paragraph tags is a missed opportunity. Optimizing the layout of your page by utilizing the correct components is essential in assisting with identifying the more important elements on that page.
Advice: Try not to use any lower than an h2 tag for identifying a header and make certain that your targeted keywords and phrases are evident within them.
The world of Search Engine Optimization has grown so quickly that it has enabled less than reputable firms to try and “cash in” on it’s widespread interest. Google itself even references this notion in their Webmaster Central comments on SEO. Some of the most common instances of this I have found include the following scenarios:
1) Guaranteed First Page Results: No one can guarantee first page rankings, Google itself says so but what some companies will do is play the semantics of this and attempt to get your business ranked for terms that are not frequently searched and have a large amount of keywords, such as Search Engine Optimization Firms in Mount Laurel NJ which is obviously not searched all that often. Make certain to clarify how the keyword selection process will be handled. Make certain that you have a solid understanding as to what keywords the firm is actually attempting to have you rank well for.
2) Firms Referencing They Have Relationships with Google: We often hear of Search Engine Optimization Companies that claim to have a “special relationship” with Google that enables them to do things such as post their clients directly to the Google platform. Nothing could be further from the truth. Google offers no sort of special relationship to receive increased rankings but rather require websites to meet a large amount of specific criteria to gain high natural search results. The notion of “special relationships” should be considered a major red flag.
3) Automated Platforms which Directly Feed Google Information: The idea of any sort of automated software or platform working with providing Google with information is again a major concern. There are no short cuts in obtaining high natural search results, it is a process that is time consuming but will yield great results when actually done correctly. All of our work in done “manually” and while it can be rather laborious at times, the fact remains that is a very good use of time.
4) Outsourcing Services Overseas Helps Save You Money: While there is something to be said that overseas firms can offer services at a lower cost the reality of it is that the quality of the work is always poor and the end result is that you won’t see the type of results you are looking for. Be very wary of firms that outsource their services overseas, it is something that should be clarified with them early on.
5) Different Plan Levels: The notion of the Gold, Silver and Bronze plans that some SEO firms offer is something that confuses me. Does a bronze plan only get you certain results? SEO is not a one-size fits all situation. Each customer is unique in what it specifically needs. Some clients need more of one thing and less of another. Don’t be fooled by the different plan levels, any reputable firm needs to customize a program that will meet your website’s needs.
As in choosing any type of vendor to work with, always ask for references and make sure you have the ability to “opt-out” if the vendor is not providing the type of quality work you would like them to. We work with a month to month program which we feel makes us accountable for our work and we live by the notion “what have you done for me lately”!