Tech savvy businesses have likely been following the recent news about Google Glasses that’s been making its way around the web. Until only recently, all information known about the device was the stuff of pure conjecture. While the finer details behind the glasses are still being kept locked up tight so far, Google released a promotional video last week that’s been causing quite a stir.
The company claims the glasses, currently referred to as Project Glass, will incorporate heavy search engine and social media functionality into the everyday life of its users. While the reveal video leads to big (and somewhat unlikely) promises regarding the integration of the internet into a new mobile device, there is one thing that is certain: the information that Google pulls for its Glass interface will certainly be pulled from its search engine results. For businesses of every size and shape, this means that the months leading up to the final release of Project Glass make improving page rankings and domain authority crucial.
Getting Page Rankings Ready for Project Glass
To put it simply, there has never been a more important time than now for companies to seek out the help of a top SEO company. As a leading internet marketing firm, WebiMax handles hundreds of companies in their search engine optimization efforts every day. Our clients rely on our SEO and social media optimization methods in order to climb to the top of the search engine result pages (or SERPs). For now, success means ranking well on web browser searches. Yet with devices such as Google’s Project Glass looming on the horizon, our industry will begin to focus more actively on preparing clients for the next big tech push.
In the coming months, WebiMax will continue performing landing page optimization, PPC campaigns and various other SEO practices to improve the search engine friendliness of its clients and their web content. Although Google has not been entirely forward with how Project Glass will work, it’s clear that only those sites that rank well will be shown in the device’s user display. For our clients, that means working overtime to get to those much-wanted SERP top spots. With that extra bit of dedication and hard work, Google Glasses users will no doubt see our clients come up again and again when the device is released this fall.
Are you debating as to whether to approach an SEO firm for help? There is plenty of literature available on the Web that both celebrates and condemns search engine optimization (SEO) and the companies that provide the service. The truth is, like any other business, there are good, bad, and all businesses in between. Years ago, Vidal Sassoon originated the marketing message, “If you don’t look good, we don’t look good,” in reference to his hair styling products. The message makes sense; to reiterate another marketing quip, ‘the proof is in the pudding.’
If you do decide to hire an SEO firm to aid with online rankings, after some time, it will be easy for you to tell if they are doing a good job. In essence, your online rankings will improve. How do they accomplish this feat for you? There are many tactics, yet four, major components largely contribute:
How will your intended customers or target markets find your products and services online? They will conduct an online search. The answer seems simple enough, yet what exact words and phrases will they use? Will they search for general terms, geographically-linked words, phrases, exact names of products, etc? An SEO firm will conduct research and convey insight regarding keyword research. This invaluable service has immediate and ongoing results; once you know what words and phrases inspire your target market’s search, you can concentrate on them in a perennial fashion.
Copywriting and On-page Optimization
“Content is king” is a mantra often related by many online marketing, SEO, and search engine specialists. It echoes a simple sentiment: search engines love sites that host information; that is the sole purpose of the Web in the first place. Copywriting and on-page optimization concentrates on relaying information to both users and the search engines. Search engines crawl your site’s pages in order to assess how well they address a user’s search. An SEO firm’s copywriting and page optimization showcases information using your keywords. This way, search engines know what kind and how much information your site offers in order to make the decision to offer your site in regard to a user’s search query. Those found on the golden ‘first page,’ are sites with a lot of keyword-focused content.
Another way search engines decide to offer your site’s pages in regard to a user’s query is how others view your site. It works much like a popularity contest with inbound links serving as popularity votes. The more times other sites link to your site and its content, the better. This lets the search engines know that others have viewed your content, value it, and think that it would be helpful to other users on the Web. An SEO firm will leverage blogs, social networks, and other platforms to intrigue others to provide links to your site.
Continual Maintenance and Measurement
An SEO campaign usually takes time. It relies heavily on your industry and competition, but most campaigns last for six to twelve months or longer. You are taking the time to promote your site’s rankings; it is very likely your competition is doing the same. This means that the quest to make the golden ‘first page’ never ends. An SEO firm’s services are usually intense at first and then begin to curtail while continuing to deliver maintenance and ongoing measurement of your rankings.
If you are thinking about searching for an SEO firm, but are hesitant, just remember that your site’s rankings are reflexive of the service’s efficiency. If your rankings don’t look good, then their service doesn’t look good. A reputable SEO firm understands this principle and will provide you with results; getting you results is the ‘bread and butter’ of its existence.
When having your own website, it is important to get it out to the public as best and as fast as you possibly can. You need to improve the visibility of the website or un-paid search results. This is called Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The process of SEO is crucial in advertising your site to the public. A site that appears more frequently than others and is high on the search result list will almost always receive more visitors from the search engine. Not only will SEO Optimization target written searches but also image, local, video and industry-specific searches.
The search engine optimization company takes into consideration how the search engines work and what is most popular that people are searching for. Depending on what is listed at the top of the search results determines how SEO edits the content and HTML. Another tactic of SEO, performed by internet marketing companies, is to promote a site well enough to increase the number of links. You don’t want your site to be too busy that it’s hard to navigate around, however, you want enough pages and links that will increase your chances of being at the top of the results page.
What a skilled organic SEO company can promise is quality service, content, and strategies that will be used to help clients obtain the highest search engine rankings possible. “Search engine friendly” is a term used to describe the web site’s layout, menus, images, shopping carts and more. When looking for a decent site to use, you want something that is going to be easy to move through, nice to look at and ranked well in the search results. SEO Optimization is a great way to make your site more appealing and more visible to the right people.
This social media marketing only benefits the client’s campaigns. Given that there are over 500 million users on Facebook alone, you can only imagine how many people may come across a certain client’s site at any given time. The benefits of using such media outlets are extraordinary. Not only are you getting your companies information out there to the public, but you’re most likely relaying it to a certain demographic that wouldn’t have known about your business without such a network. The pros outweigh the cons by afar.
These social networks have been known to enrapture and preoccupy those who take an interest in it. However, that’s not always a bad thing. It’s amazing what you can learn and take a liking toward just because you saw something on someone’s page that you didn’t know existed before. Stumbling upon different business, stores or firms can strike an interest in anyone that it wants to. This powerful social media has spread like wild fire and has only emphasized the fact that we, as people, enjoy seeing how others live and work.
The world of Search Engine Optimization has grown so quickly that it has enabled less than reputable firms to try and “cash in” on it’s widespread interest. Google itself even references this notion in their Webmaster Central comments on SEO. Some of the most common instances of this I have found include the following scenarios:
1) Guaranteed First Page Results: No one can guarantee first page rankings, Google itself says so but what some companies will do is play the semantics of this and attempt to get your business ranked for terms that are not frequently searched and have a large amount of keywords, such as Search Engine Optimization Firms in Mount Laurel NJ which is obviously not searched all that often. Make certain to clarify how the keyword selection process will be handled. Make certain that you have a solid understanding as to what keywords the firm is actually attempting to have you rank well for.
2) Firms Referencing They Have Relationships with Google: We often hear of Search Engine Optimization Companies that claim to have a “special relationship” with Google that enables them to do things such as post their clients directly to the Google platform. Nothing could be further from the truth. Google offers no sort of special relationship to receive increased rankings but rather require websites to meet a large amount of specific criteria to gain high natural search results. The notion of “special relationships” should be considered a major red flag.
3) Automated Platforms which Directly Feed Google Information: The idea of any sort of automated software or platform working with providing Google with information is again a major concern. There are no short cuts in obtaining high natural search results, it is a process that is time consuming but will yield great results when actually done correctly. All of our work in done “manually” and while it can be rather laborious at times, the fact remains that is a very good use of time.
4) Outsourcing Services Overseas Helps Save You Money: While there is something to be said that overseas firms can offer services at a lower cost the reality of it is that the quality of the work is always poor and the end result is that you won’t see the type of results you are looking for. Be very wary of firms that outsource their services overseas, it is something that should be clarified with them early on.
5) Different Plan Levels: The notion of the Gold, Silver and Bronze plans that some SEO firms offer is something that confuses me. Does a bronze plan only get you certain results? SEO is not a one-size fits all situation. Each customer is unique in what it specifically needs. Some clients need more of one thing and less of another. Don’t be fooled by the different plan levels, any reputable firm needs to customize a program that will meet your website’s needs.
As in choosing any type of vendor to work with, always ask for references and make sure you have the ability to “opt-out” if the vendor is not providing the type of quality work you would like them to. We work with a month to month program which we feel makes us accountable for our work and we live by the notion “what have you done for me lately”!