Over the past few years, small businesses have begun investing more money and effort into Internet marketing rather than traditional advertising. Indeed, more and more entrepreneurs are starting to realize the high returns associated with effective digital marketing strategies not to mention the relatively low cost. Today, over three billion people use the Internet worldwide, and most of their online experiences begin with a search engine. Whether a consumer wants to locate the nearest sushi restaurant or hospital or learn more about a specific company or product, the Internet is the #1 resource for finding what they’re looking for.
With a strong web presence, your small business can effectively expand its visibility, target and engage your audience, and stand out from the competition.
Follow these five steps to maximize your success online:
- Local SEO – If your small business has a physical store front, then your website and off-site profiles must be optimized for local SEO. Approximately 20% of all Google searches are local, and 4 out of 5 consumers use search engines to find local information, such as store addresses, business hours, product availability and directions. According to the Google report, 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day. To utilize local SEO, incorporate local terms, such as your city and state, into your keywords. Your keywords should be integrated into your website’s content and meta data, as well as into your social media and local profiles.
- Business Directory Listings – Along with local SEO, your small business should also take advantage of business directory listings. Create profiles for your business on major directories, including Yelp, Google Local, Yellow Pages, Bing Local, and Manta. All of your business profiles should provide the same information, including your company name, address and phone number. Also, make sure all of your profiles are uniform and consistent. Don’t list your location as Edgewater, NJ on Yellow Pages and then as Bergen County, NJ on Yelp. This will only hinder your search results and confuse potential customers.
- Competitive Analysis – By conducting a side-by-side comparison of your competitor’s website versus your own, you can have a better grasp of their offerings and their marketing strategies. Specifically, competitive analysis can help you to analyze your search engine rankings, as well as the key metrics that influence your rankings, such as keywords, social media, technical elements, site speed, and back links. With this information, you can see what works and what doesn’t and adjust your website and strategies to beat your competitors.
- Google AdWords – Google AdWords is a pay-per-click online service that places advertising copy above, below or beside the list of search results displayed on Google for a specific query. In other words, your ad will appear on Google searches that pertain to what you offer. AdWords is free to sign up for and you only pay for it when someone clicks on your ad to visit your website or call your business. With Google AdWords, your business becomes visible to consumers who are actually looking for you! It’s a great way to target your audience and draw more customers.
- Local Link Building – Partner with local websites for referral traffic. Having local links from high quality domains can help boost your search rankings and generate more customers. Also, local links can help you develop in-person relationships that can result in bigger things, including strategic partnerships or grant opportunities.
Including these five steps in your Internet marketing campaign can help you achieve the results you desire. For further assistance with your SEO campaign, contact our digital marketing experts at WebiMax. We know the ins and outs of the digital marketing world and can lead you to greater success both on and offline!