As I wrote about yesterday, the amount of web users and connected devices will greatly increase in the years to come, even just in the next four years. This will be experienced all over the globe only furthering the potential for marketing and increasing brand exposure to a new and increasing customer base. But another fold of the data is the connection speed predictions. Higher average connection speeds will bring about a more enjoyable experience for web users, but it will result in more being available in terms of what users can do online. Namely – video. And a lot of it. By 2016, video will make up 71% of all data that is used across the globe.
Video has become more important with SEO and branding for a company online as it is a another type of rich content that can be created and put on the web for the search engines to be crawled, indexed, given relevant authority, and most importantly enjoyed by members of a business’ publics/audiences. Let’s take a look at the remaining data from the Cisco study though. The speed of the internet around the world will increase from a level of 9 Mbps at present to 34 Mbps, essentially quadrupling. The time-frame of the 34 Mbps mark is not as specific but appears to be in the years closely following 2016. Lets go by region to look at the difference between developed and developing markets:
- North America: 3.5x growth, from 11 to 37 Mbps
- Western Europe: 3.8x growth, 11 to 42 Mbps
- Central/Eastern Europe: 3.1x growth, 10 to 29 Mbps
- Latin America: 2.8x growth, 4.2 to 12 Mbps
- Middle east & Africa: 2.5x growth, 3.4 to 8.4 Mbps
- Asia Pacific: 4.4x growth, 8.1 to 36 Mbps
The rise in speeds across the globe means that more videos across the world will be seen as well, it will not just be localized to a specific region. This provides opportunity for ISEO in terms of creating the videos with other languages and cultures in mind and marketing the videos efficiently across varying markets.
A Little Video Strategy
In terms of search engine optimization, natural keyword and related term mentions should be included in the descriptions and tags of videos (no stuffing) and the video should of course be quality in terms of unique, compelling content that your customers and followers will be interested in. HTML5 functionality on Youtube pushing away from Flash will only increase true SEO value. The quality and uniqueness of the videos will be essential giving your audience members reasons to go to watch your content, and keep coming back for more.
Additionally, it is important that you leverage the video in different locations from YouTube channels and a Vimeo presence to placements on your site. You want your content in different locations in order to get your audience and customers in varying areas depending on how they access your site and information. Also, you want to make sure that you profile the videos on social media, making sure that the followers, fans, and friends all are exposed to the video and its messages pushing more traffic.
Has the SEO marketing division of your business ever considered creating a viral branded video campaign? Videos are actually one of the best ways to market your company, its brand, products, and services on the internet. And, if your video goes viral, the extent of your brand’s reach can be phenomenally huge. In fact, it would be worldwide. What could be better for your brand?
If you are now wondering how you can successfully start implementing a viral brand video campaign, then you won’t need to look far and wide for some great tips and techniques. A recent article from Mashable lays out some of the best ways to creating brand videos that possess the potential for going viral. Just read on to discover what they are.
1. Believe in the power of sharing. Marketers often mistakenly believe that a video will only go viral if a celebrity promotes it. There is data, however, to prove the contrary. It shows that true virality comes from large numbers of people sharing videos with smaller groups. Celebrity endorsement is not always needed.
2. Use a social object in your video. That is, create a touching story that will captivate audiences, and affect them in a deep way. And that will prompt them to share it with all their friends and family. More often than not, a great story speaks for itself.
3. “Pulse” your brand into the fabric of the story. In other words, weave your brand’s logo into the video in one or more subtle ways that don’t overwhelm the story, but still make get noticed.
4. Make a longer video. There is often a fear of making a video too long. But, the truth is that a longer format video will allow a story to develop more fully. Also, the data speaks for itself: videos that run four minutes or more see an increase in direct shares by five times.
5. Last but not least, invest in buying some ad space for your video. This includes Promoted Tweets on Twitter, TrueView on Youtube, and more.
A viral video campaign does not have to be too hard to accomplish, if you are willing to put all of team’s creativity into making an excellent video. Start brainstorming on how your brand can best be displayed in a great promotional video.